Introduction to the Immune System
The immune system is vital for the survival of humans. Without it, our bodies will be open to get attacked by bacteria, parasites, viruses, and more. It is the immune system which keeps us healthy. The immune system of all individuals is different but it becomes stronger during adulthood.
The immune system is made up of special cells, organs and chemicals which fight infections. The main parts of the immune system are white blood cells, antibodies, the lymphatic system, the complement system, the thymus, the spleen and the bone marrow. These parts of your immune system actively fight infections.
What Is Immunity?
Immunity is a condition of being capable to defy a particular syndrome mainly through preventing the development of pathogenic microorganism. It is the potential of the body to resist harmful pathogenic microorganisms or viruses from entering into it. The healthy immune process is able to distinguish the invading bacteria, viruses and also generate antibodies to destroy or immobilize them.
What Are the Causes of Poor Immunity?
The common causes of poor immunity are:
- Stress: Headaches, uneasiness, pounding chest pains and an overall tense feeling are the result of stress. All these combine to cause the immune system work harder to protect the body against threats to healthiness. This sometimes causes the suppression of immune system.
- Lack of Exercise: The inactive body can cause weakening of immune system. Regular exercise can help in the functioning of neutrophils that are cell types which work to kill unwanted and dangerous microorganisms.
- Lack of Sleep: Getting enough sleep is important for keeping your immune system strong and for recovering energy and performing vital functions.
- Improper Nutrition: It is important to eat a balanced diet to support the immune system by providing it crucial minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and phytochemicals. Fatty junk foods cause nutritional deficiencies. Fats, mainly polyunsaturated fats, may suppress the immune system. Also, the consumption of too much sugar can inhibit phagocytosis, the process in which white blood cells act to destroy bacteria and viruses.
How Can You Boost Your Immune System?
Adopting healthy-living style is the most effective way to boost your immunity as:
- Quitting smoking
- Eating a healthy diet high in fruits and vegetables
- Exercising regularly
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Limiting alcohol consumption
- Getting adequate sleep
- Try to minimize stress
How Is Squalene Beneficial for Boosting Immunity?
Using squalene as a health supplement will help to boost your immunity without showing any unpleasant effects associated with other medications. Squalene health supplement is 100% safe and it can be taken by children. It is found abundantly in shark liver oil, which is also a rich source of alkylglycerols. Alkylglycerols have immune-boosting effects, thus it activates the formation of white and red blood cells, which assists to prevent the infections and diseases. Squalene is used as an additive in vaccines as it elevates the immune response. Also, the macrophages in squalene have the ability to help the faster healing of wounds. All these benefits of squalene play a great role in boosting the immunity.