The knee is one of the main load bearing joints in our body that gets worn out with age. Arthritis of the knee and pain in the knee joint is common in people of all ages and gender. Here are some ways to keep knees healthy,
- Movement is very important as it builds the leg muscle to support the knees, keeps the joints well lubricated, low impact exercises are very good like walking, cycling and swimming. Avoid activities that put extra strain on the knees.
- Losing weight will make you see the difference in your arthritis pain and knee joint pain. It lessens the load on the weight bearing joints to a big extent. Excess weight on the joints accelerates arthritis in our body as the joints have to work extra hard to support the body.
- Hydrate means drink lots of water, as the cartilage in our body and in the joints are made of 80 percent water. If water is not enough in our body then the cartilage will show signs of stress which can worsen the disease.
- Balanced diet is very important for the body, it goes a long way to improve bone health. Eating healthy food and avoiding food that worsen the arthritis condition is important.
- Resting your body after periods of activity is very important. Sleep enables our body to naturally repair and rejuvenate itself from any damage caused to it. So, do not forget the importance of adequate sleep in your daily life.
- Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory. It contains curcumin which helps to reduce inflammation and pain in the body. It works just like ibuprofen but without the side effects.
- Deep breathing is very helpful as it removes the toxic gases from our body and supplies fresh oxygen to all the internal parts of our body and blood. This reduces the pain in the joints, improves mood and helps us to be stress free.
- RICE means rest, ice, compression and elevation can help you a lot with arthritis pain and swelling in any joint.
- Balance finding your balance in physical, mental and dietary changes will help you a lot in the long run. As it will enable you to maintain a good all-round health for a long time.
- Get help Early or timely diagnosis can be very helpful and can prevent permanent damage, do not ignore persistent, sharp, intermittent or localized pain, swelling is another symptom that should not be ignored.
Leave A Comment