Arthritis is a disease which causes pain, swelling and stiffness in the joints. It can impact on anyone, any age, any gender. Osteoarthritis progresses in joints with overuse. Many foods help to relieve joint pain and inflammation symptoms related to arthritis. Here are some healthy food options which may help in preventing or delaying arthritis.
- Fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, sardines and trout are a very rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which is known to have anti-inflammatory properties. These fish are also rich in vitamin D, low levels of vitamin D may also be connected to arthritis symptoms. So, fatty fish can help by reducing inflammation, pain, swelling and movement in joints and all symptoms of arthritis.
- Garlic is full of health benefits. It is anti-inflammatory and helps reduce arthritis symptoms, it enhances the function of immune cells that help to strengthen the immune system, adding it to your daily diet can help with arthritis symptoms and body health.
- Ginger enhances the taste of soups, teas and foods. It is also known to reduce arthritis symptoms. Eating ginger in any form – fresh, powdered or dry- can help in decreasing the inflammation and arthritis symptoms.
- Broccoli is one of the healthiest foods and also know to reduce inflammation. It has certain properties that help reduce the symptoms in arthritis. It has sulforaphane which may have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Walnuts are nutrient dense and full of compounds which decrease the inflammation caused due to any joint disease. They are a very rich source of omega-3 fatty acids which are known to reduce the symptoms in any joint disease and the inflammation to quiet an extent.
- Berries are full of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals which may be the reason for their unique ability to reduce inflammation. Berries contain quercetin and rutin, plant based compounds that have a hugh number of health benefits are known to reduce all arthritis connected symptoms.
- Spinach is a rich source of antioxidants and plant compounds which help reduce inflammation and fight the disease. It is extremely high in an antioxidant kaempferol which decreases inflammation and slows the progress of osteoarthritis.
- Grapes are nutrient dense, high in anti-inflammatory properties, high in antioxidants and plant compounds which are known to benefit in the treatment of arthritis. Resveratrol is an antioxidant which is found in the grape skin, benefits in the arthritis treatment. A plant compound known as proanthocyanidin is known to reduce inflammation.
- Olive oil is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and its effect on all the symptoms in arthritis. It helps in slowing the progress of arthritis, lessen joint swelling, inflammation and slows down cartilage destruction.
- Tart cherry juice is a famous drink obtained from the fruit of Prunus Cerasus tree. Its juice is full of nutrients and health benefits and also reduces symptoms of arthritis. It notably reduces symptoms of osteoarthritis and inflammation.
Leave A Comment