Following are the treatments of carpal tunnel syndrome:
Nonsurgical Therapy for Carnal Tunnel Syndrome
- Wrist splinting: A splint which holds wrist still while you sleep can assist to relieve nighttime symptoms.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs): NSAIDs, as ibuprofen can aid you to relieve pain from carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Corticosteroids: Corticosteroid is injected to your carpal tunnel relieve pain, inflammation and swelling.
Surgery for Carnal Tunnel Syndrome
Surgery is appropriate in case where symptoms are severe or they are not responding to other treatments. The surgery of carpal tunnel may be done using two different techniques:
- Endoscopic surgery: This is done by the surgeon by using a telescope-like device with a small camera attached with it (endoscope) to observe the inside carpal tunnel. Surgeon cuts the ligament by making one or two small incisions in hand or wrist.
- Open surgery: This surgery is done by making an incision in the palm of hand over the carpal tunnel. Then the ligament is cut to free the nerve.
Alternative Treatments for Carnal Tunnel Syndrome
- Ayurvedic treatment: Ayurvedic therapies as Pizchil, Ela Kizhi, Navara Kizhi, and Mamsa Navara Kizhi are found effective in decreasing the pain and numbness. A therapy of one to three weeks comprises of general massage along with herbal steam to Mamsa Navara Kizhi which is meat based external application.
- Homeopathic treatment: Rhus toxicodendron, Ruta graveolens and Viola odorata is useful to reduce the stiffness and pain.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is generally advised by the doctor along with other treatments to overcome the symptoms.
Dietary Supplement for Carnal Tunnel Syndrome
Dietary supplements include herbs, vitamins, minerals, and many other products that have a vital role in the maintenance of health. They are accessible as pills, drinks, capsules, powders and energy bars. The best dietary supplement for carnal tunnel syndrome is GLME.
- GLME (Green Lipped Mussel Extract): GLME (Green lipped mussel extract) is extracted from the green lipped mussel which is a shell fish grown in the farms of New Zealand. It is highly beneficial for the patients of carnal tunnel syndrome because of its great nutritional value.