Following are the treatments for septic arthritis:
Removal of infected joint fluid is a crucial treatment which is done by following ways:
- Needle: In this method infected fluid is withdrawn with a needle by inserting it into the joint space.
- Scope procedure (arthroscopy): In this method a flexible tube with a video camera on its tip is placed in the joint by making a small incision. Then drainage tubes and suction is inserted through tiny incisions around the joint to drain the fluid.
In case of some joints as the hip joint, fluid is not able to drain with a needle or arthroscopy therefore an open surgical procedure is necessary.
To select the most effective medication, your doctor must identify the microbe causing your infection. Antibiotics are given according to the microbes causing infection through intravenous route at first, which later on can be switched to oral antibiotics. Normally treatment lasts for two to six weeks.
Alternative Treatments for Infectious or Septic Arthritis
- Ayurvedic treatment: Ayurvedic treatment for Infective arthritis is limited for the cases not responding to modern medicine. In such cases Ayurvedic treatment can be helpful to improve the immunity of the patient which helps to fight against the infections which are not responding to antibiotics.
- Homeopathic treatment: Pyrogenium and Hepar sulfur are the most recommended homeopathic medicines for infectious arthritis.
Dietary Supplement for Infectious Arthritis or Septic Arthritis
Dietary supplements include vitamins, herbs, minerals, and many other products that have a major role in the maintenance of health. They are accessible as pills, capsules, drinks, powders and energy bars. The best dietary supplement for the treatment and management of infectious arthritis or septic arthritis is GLME.
- GLME (Green Lipped Mussel Extract): GLME (Green lipped mussel extract) is the most excellent dietary supplement for infectious arthritis or septic arthritis. It is extracted from the green lipped mussel which is a shell fish grown in the farms of New Zealand. It is highly beneficial for the patients of infectious arthritis or septic arthritis as it has great nutritional value.