Following are the treatments of reactive arthritis:
Medications for Reactive Arthritis
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics are prescribed by the doctor if reactive arthritis was stimulated by the bacterial infection.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs): NSAIDs will be prescribed to control the inflammation and pain of reactive arthritis.
- Corticosteroids: Corticosteroid injections into affected joints can decrease the inflammation and improve your conditions.
- Topical steroids: They are used for the skin rashes caused by reactive arthritis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis drugs: Medications as Sulfasalazine, Methotrexate or Etanercept can relieve pain and stiffness in some cases of reactive arthritis.
Physical therapy for Reactive Athritis
A physical therapist may suggest you exercise for joints and muscles. Strengthening exercises may also be suggested to develop the muscles around affected joints to provide joint support. Range-of-motion exercises will increase the flexibility of joint and reduce stiffness.
Alternative Treatments for Reactive Arthritis
- Ayurvedic treatment of reactive arthritis: It is done by prescribing the medicines used for fighting the bacterial infection and decreasing the pain. Herbal medicines are given to the reactive arthritis patient for 2-3 times in a day. They stop the bacterial infection and strengthen the immune system.
- Acupuncture for reactive arthritis: Acupuncture is recommended to the patient of reactive arthritis just to reduce the pain and discomfort temporarily.
Dietary Supplement for Reactive Arthritis
Dietary supplements include herbs, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and many other products that help in the maintenance of health. They come as pills, drinks, powders, capsules, and energy bars. GLME is the best dietary supplement for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
- GLME (Green Lipped Mussel Extract): GLME (Green lipped mussel extract) is the best dietary supplement for reactive arthritis. It is extracted from the shell fish (green lipped mussel) which is grown in the farms of New Zealand. It is highly beneficial for the people with reactive arthritis as it has great nutritional value.