Disorders Caused Due to Air Pollution
- Asthma: This condition arises from the inhalation of poisonous gases that are in the polluted air. It also develops due to the constant suffocation brought on by air pollution.
- Pulmonary Cancer: The cancer is caused due to the inhalation of the different carcinogens present in the polluted air through lungs.
- Cardiovascular diseases: Serious conditions such as heart disease and stroke can occur, when the poisonous gases, particles, and poor quality air affects the cardiovascular system.
- Allergies: A variety of pollutants in the air can worsen the allergy symptoms. These include irritation of the eyes, throat, and nose.
- Contagious Infections: There is evidence that the toxic effects of new photochemical pollutants such as nitrogen dioxide are prone to be associated with infection.
- Follicle Disorders: Follicle disorders can develop from the exposure to increasing levels of air pollution including dust, smoke, nickel, particulate matter, lead and arsenic, sulfur dioxide nitrogen dioxide and ammonia that settle on the scalp and hair. Pollutants migrate into the dermis, transepidermally and through the hair follicle conduit, resulting in oxidative stress and hair loss.
- Skin Disorders: The increase in air pollution has major effects on the skin. Exposure of the skin to air pollutants such as ozone and cigarette smoke may lead to skin aging and inflammatory or allergic skin conditions such as eczema, atopic dermatitis, acne or psoriasis. However, skin cancer is among the most serious conditions caused due to air pollution.
Diseases Caused Due to Water Pollution
- Typhoid: It is an infectious disease, which is caused by consumption of polluted water.
- Diarrhoea: It is a most common condition, which is an indication that the digestive system is affected.
- Cancer and Liver damage: These conditions are caused by chlorinated solvents, which can be found in polluted water.
Diseases Caused Due to Soil Pollution
Nerve and Brain Damage: These conditions can occur if you are exposed to soil, which is contaminated with lead.
- Cancer: You can suffer from cancer if you are directly exposed to the soil polluted with weed killers, chromium, pesticides, and benzene.
- Liver and kidney disease: These diseases also occur due to contact with soil which is polluted using a number of infectious chemicals.
Diseases Caused by Radioactive Pollution
Radioactivity is toxic as it forms ions on reacting with biological molecules. These ions can form free radicals that damage proteins, nucleus acids, and membranes. Radioactivity can damage DNA by destroying individual bases, which can result in cancers, birth defects, and even death. Others disorders that are caused by the radioactive pollution are an ulcer, swelling of bone joints, eye problems, Cancer, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer and Bone Cancer.